Friday, June 4, 2010

Long day's journey into night....

The school year is coming to an end, which means I don't have much time to finish up the projects at work before I leave for what is sure to be an epic summer of fun! But with only a few days left in the office, I have a lot to do... which means I've been going home after the sun sets.
So on my walk home last night, I stopped to snap a few photos of Lincoln Center. I started with the Metropolitan Opera, and then turned to the right to photograph Avery Fisher Hall.
And to my left were the cool light fixtures at the Koch Theater.
One of the newest features of the Lincoln Center is the electronic stairway leading up to the theaters. Throughout the day messages, information, and performance updates are displayed along these scrolling screens.
Kind of a neat feature, right? I really like working in this part of town...
I mean, how could you not?
I hope you have a wonderful weekend- thanks for stopping by!