Sautéed ChickenThanks for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful day!
Ingredients:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Kosher Style Flake Salt to taste
Whole Tellicherry Indian Black Peppercorns to taste
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup white wine
Directions:
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat butter and olive oil in frying pan, add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 5-6 minutes per side. Remove chicken pieces and keep warm. Add garlic and onion to juices in the frying pan and fry for about 1 minute. Add the wine and deglaze the pan. Cook for 2 minutes and then return chicken to the pan and cook for 8-9 minutes longer, uncovered. Serve immediately.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Sautéed Chicken
The other day I decided to make Sautéed Chicken. My parents gave me an awesome new cookbook for my birthday- and after reading this recipe, I knew it would make the most delicious dinner!
Here are the ingredients needed to make this scrumptious dish:
Per the directions, I started by sprinkling the chicken with salt and pepper (my pepper mill is filled with Whole Tellicherry Indian Black Peppercorns).
Then I added some butter and olive oil to a large frying pan.
Once the pan was hot, I added the chicken.
After 5 or 6 minutes, I flipped the chicken and cooked for another 5-6 minutes.
While the chicken was on the stove, I turned my attention to the rest of the ingredients. First, I chopped up a couple of garlic cloves and an onion.
When the chicken was browned on both sides, I removed it and fried the onion and garlic for a minute or so.
A bit later I measured out a cup of white wine...
And used it to deglaze the pan.
After the wine had cooked for a few minutes, I added the pieces of chicken back into the pan, cooking for about 10 minutes.
(I also flipped them once to make sure the yummy bits of caramelized onion and garlic were on both sides of the chicken.)
When the chicken was finished, I served it immediately.
Doesn't it look delicious?
And if you can believe it, the chicken tastes even better than it looks! From the caramelized onions on top to the tangy hint of white wine, this chicken is incredibly moist and flavorful!
If you'd like to make Sautéed Chicken, here's the recipe:

