Bärenreiter, founded in 1923, publishes the most authentic urtexts around! (An urtext edition of music is a printed version intended to reproduce the original intention of the composer as exact as possible, without any added or changed material.) As if that isn't good enough, since 1951 they've focused on printing the complete works of several composers, including Bach, Handel and Mozart!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Brand-new Bärenreiter
I'm a total music nerd... and I'm not ashamed to admit it!
For those of you who don't know, in addition to my real job, I am a staff soloist at a church here in town. A few weeks ago, I was asked to sing Bach's Schafe können sicher weiden (Sheep May Safely Graze) "auf deutsch". When my music director handed me this book, my heart fluttered a bit.
It fluttered because I'm completely enamored of this publishing company. Have you ever heard of Bärenreiter?
This company is one of the most respected in the industry! My music director is well aware of my affinity for their amazing editions, and he ordered the music especially for me- aren't I spoiled!
You might be asking yourself what makes this music so incredible... well, let me tell you!
Bärenreiter, founded in 1923, publishes the most authentic urtexts around! (An urtext edition of music is a printed version intended to reproduce the original intention of the composer as exact as possible, without any added or changed material.) As if that isn't good enough, since 1951 they've focused on printing the complete works of several composers, including Bach, Handel and Mozart!
And on a more practical note, Bärenreiter uses the best typeface- the music is always clear and easy to read at a glance!
As I'm sure you can tell, I'm extremely passionate about certain editions of music. I think it's extremely important to study the composer's original intent, and this company makes that sort of education possible.
So there you have it- more information than you'll ever need to know about my printed music preferences! Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!
Bärenreiter, founded in 1923, publishes the most authentic urtexts around! (An urtext edition of music is a printed version intended to reproduce the original intention of the composer as exact as possible, without any added or changed material.) As if that isn't good enough, since 1951 they've focused on printing the complete works of several composers, including Bach, Handel and Mozart!

