Sunday, June 20, 2010

Albany, NY: A little supper and a little shopping

My summer vacation got off to a great start the other day! After meeting up with my family in Albany we went out for supper at The Cheesecake Factory.
Of course, I immediately got my camera out of my bag and started snapping pictures. Lucky for me my family members are great sports and pose for my relentless requests for more photos! Case in point, here's a shot of my dad and brother:
But back to our meal! I began with a diet coke...
(Of course...)
While my brother ordered a lemonade.
He especially liked the sugar-rimmed glass!
And a few moments later, the bread arrived.
Which leads to a little explanation: I really like the honey wheat bread and my family often teases me that I hoard it and don't let anyone else eat it. So, we decided to portray those feelings with this dramatic interpretation- moving, isn't it?
Luckily, our food arrived a few minutes later. Clockwise from the upper left we ordered Chicken Medallions, Fish and Chips, Chicken Madeira, and Chicken Basil Pasta.
After we finished dinner, we ran next door...
For a little shopping!
I absolutely love L.L. Bean, and in Albany there's an L.L. Bean store right next to The Cheesecake Factory. So after a wonderful meal, I got to wade through all sorts of fun gear, clothes and accessories!
Of course, once we were inside we all gravitated to our favorite things. For example, my brother checked out the flies...
While I drooled over the Boat and Totes. Seriously, if I could I would buy dozens of these- they're just so handy!
So it should come as no surprise that I ended up taking one home with me!
Of course, I also snagged a pair of boat shoes- aren't they sweet? (And as an added bonus, everything was on sale!)
And as a special treat, I picked up a little dessert too. Isn't this the cutest cookie you've seen? It's almost a shame to eat it!
I must say, I had such a fun day- and it's only 'Day 1' of my vacation. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend- thanks for stopping by!