Saturday, June 26, 2010

Rock-in' out on vacation...

Well folks, I made Rock Monsters.
A few months ago I was completely inspired by Alisa Burke's idea... and while I was on vacation this week I set about making my very own set of monsters.
The supplies I used were pretty simple- my dad and brother fished some rocks out of the river...
And after a good scrub (to get rid of the river slime) and a few coats of my mom's paint...
I had a whole family of Rock Monsters!
Aren't they odd? I must admit- I had a blast making these little creatures. From designing the faces to choosing which outlandish color to use next, this silly project was quite fun!
But I couldn't let the fun stop when the painting ended! Once every last Rock Monster was dry, I packed them into an unsuspecting casserole dish...
And traipsed down to the river for a photo shoot.
When I'd finished snapping away, I got down to the real work: I hid my Rock Monsters throughout the woods!
I tucked each and every little rock in a crevice or nook just off the path to the river, in the hopes that anyone walking to the water might spot one of my colorful little monsters and find a little whimsy in an unexpected place!
I hope you have a wonderful weekend- thank you for stopping by!