Wednesday, June 23, 2010

So much to photograph...

I've really had fun photographing the area around our cabin.
The woods are full of such interesting...
And beautiful things!
From the tiniest flower...
To the biggest fern...
There is so much to capture!
And even though the woods eventually give way to the river...
That doesn't mean the shutter snapping has to end!
From gorgeous foliage...
To fungus and moss...
There's so much beauty and interest to be found in nature!
But do you know what else I found when I was down at the river?
My little brother- he was casting away!
Fly fishing is such an intricate art- but it's also something that's completely foreign to me!
So my brother got out his flies...
And started teaching me about them. He told me how different flies represent different bugs/insects in different parts of the world. So if you're fishing in a particular region, it's important to have flies that look like the local insects- isn't that interesting? And some of his flies don't represent anything at all- they just look particularly tasty to the fish! Can you believe these little things are just made of fur and feathers?
I still have a lot to learn about the art of fishing, but tomorrow my brother is going to show me the ropes... here's hoping that I catch something big! (Only if that actually happens, let's also hope that my little brother takes pity on me and takes the darn fish off the hook for me!)
Thank you for stopping by- I hope you're having a great week!