Friday, June 25, 2010
I don't mind a drive that looks like this...
My family and I went into town yesterday for dinner and a bit of shopping. On the drive back to our cabin, we came across this beautiful pond.
The trees were so beautiful, and the water was so serene.
Of course we had to get out of the car and investigate. And as we walked around the pond, we saw that a dam had been created- partly by humans and partly by other animals.
And while I took lots of photos of the dam, I couldn't stop taking pictures of birch trees. There's something about that beautiful bark that immediately draws my eye! Maybe it's the starkness or the contrast of the white in relation to all other gorgeous colors in nature.
(And speaking of stark and white, here's a shot of my pasty feet... talk about contrast to nature!)
And after I'd had my fill of the pond (along with a good chunk of my camera's memory card), we got back on the road. Of course just a few miles farther, we made another impromptu stop. This time we wanted to check out a barn that sits just in front of the mountains.
Talk about a beautiful spot, right?
After that quick photo-op, we were back on the road again. Now, the weather didn't hold all day, and as made our way through the mountains we drove right into a storm.
I don't know about you, but I love a good summer storm! I love the way the wind whips around and the sky turns dark- it's kind of exciting!
And of course, I love the way things look after a storm, when the sun finally shines through...
And the way it can make everything look almost...
Magical!
Thank you for stopping by- I hope you had a wonderful week and have lots of fun plans for the weekend!

