Thursday, June 24, 2010

River deep, mountain high...

I hope you don't mind indulging me while I post a few more nature-themed photos... I promise I'll eventually return to the hustle and bustle of New York City, where my only references to rivers will include the East and Hudson! But for the time being, I'm in the Adirondacks and loving every minute of it!
Yesterday my dad, brother and I spent the afternoon outdoors.
My brother was looking for a new place to fish, so we headed to this majestic bend in the river about 10 miles from our cabin.
It was an absolutely gorgeous spot that required a bit of a hike over rocks...
And a wade through the river. (On a side note, I absolutely love these shoes. I originally bought them to hike the rain forests of Hawaii, but have since discovered that they are one of the most comfortable and practical pair of shoes I've ever owned!)
Eventually my brother found a perfect spot in the river...
And he got to work hooking big ones!
So my dad and I walked a bit further...
And found the perfect spot to read our books!
I don't know about you, but this was the perfect way to spend an afternoon: the rush of the river flowing by, my feet dangling in the refreshing water, and a hilarious summer novel to keep me entertained! (BTW- I was reading Janet Evanovich's Sizzling Sixteen as it was released on Tuesday. I think it's especially funny to read about all the Trenton, NJ antics in such an idyllic location!)
Thank you for visiting- I hope you're having a great day!