I've started a new craft project, which is a pretty regular occurrence around these parts. But much like my
project last summer, the fruits of my labor are going to a good cause.

So over the long weekend, I got to work with some fun yarn like
this:

And whipped up a comfy project like this:

Obviously this hat is not for me (since my head hasn't been that small in 20 years). I actually made it to donate to
The Hat Box Foundation.

Have you heard of this wonderful foundation? They accept hand-made hats that they give to people with cancer.

The foundation prefers hats that are softer, since many of the patients have little to no hair.

They also prefer that the hats be longer to cover the ears and nape of the neck. (I tried this pattern as the brim can be folded to the appropriate length.)

And finally, the foundation prefers that the crochet stitch be tighter to provide adequate coverage of the recipients' heads.

As you can tell, I've been getting busy on these little hats.

I'm having a blast making them. And knowing that they'll be sent to people who need them is even better! I'll be crocheting during my time off this summer- I hope to have a nice little box of caps to send off to the foundation by the end of the season!

If you'd like to send some hats to be donated, the address is:
Hat Box Foundation
3471 Caminito Sierra, #P202
Carlsbad, CA 92009

Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful day!