I went shopping the other day.

When I was in Union Square, I decided it was time to upgrade my footwear. So, I made my way to the second floor...

And found myself before the glory that is
DSW!

How great is this store? Of course, once I walked in I immediately gravitated to these...

And then the heavens opened as I looked farther down the aisle- how many pairs of galoshes can one girl own without being considered "weird"?

And while I at least wear galoshes in my real life, there are other shoes that I don't think I can justify. However, I picked out a few pairs that I should probably buy "just in case"- you never know when the perfect shoes will come in handy! For example, I would wear these if I ever decided to be Errol Flynn for Halloween.

And I would wear these whenever I went mountain climbing.

These would be perfect if I had a weekend trip to Nantucket...

While these would be perfect with
ANYTHING!

And while it's fun to pick out "dream" shoes, at the end of a long day my feet long for sensible things like this:

So maybe I can compromise with something sparkly and comfy!

And as I made my way towards the check out, I just had to snap a photo for my grandma...

Every summer she would treat us grand kids to a new pair of moccasins (I remember one summer when I got an awesome red pair). And now, Minnetonkas are lining the shelves of the shoes stores in NYC... go figure!

So there you have it- a trip to a discount shoe store in NYC... thrilling, wasn't it?

Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!