Black Bean Dip with Cumin and Honey
Ingredients:
2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and well-rinsed
4 bell peppers, chopped
1 medium white onion, chopped
Juice of one lime
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
Directions:
Mix beans, bell peppers and white onion in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk remaining ingredients for vinaigrette. Pour over the bean mixture, stir to finish.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Black Bean Dip with Cumin and Honey
The other day I was invited to a themed potluck. The guests were asked to bring Mexican dishes, and I was assigned to an appetizer. Of course, my mind went immediately to the Black Bean Dip recipe posted on Smitten Kitchen a few years ago.
It's a simple yet delicious dish that can be used as a dip or salad! Here are the ingredients:
I started by dicing the peppers and onions- I prefer a small dice for my dip.
Once everything was chopped, I got to work on the vinaigrette. First I squeezed the juice from a lime.
Then I added olive oil...
Cumin...
Salt...
Cayenne pepper...
And honey.
After a bit of stirring to emulsify the vinaigrette, I drained and rinsed the black beans under running water before adding them to the chopped vegetables.
Then, I combined all the ingredients.
After a bit of stirring, this colorful dip/salad was finished.
Want to try it for yourself?
Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!

