Friday, November 6, 2009

My first GIVEAWAY!

Remember when SFS and I went shopping in the Market at Grand Central Terminal?
Well, I haven't told you about the best stall yet!
Penzeys Spices are the best spices... EVER! Started in Wisconsin as a family spice store in 1957, Bill Penzey began a mail order business out of his parents' store a few years later. Since then, the company has grown to 30 stores across the country. My family in Michigan shops at Penzeys all the time. And lucky for me- they just happen to have a stall here in NYC!
Check out all those spices- over 250 different choices in jars of all shapes and sizes.
Not only are the spices fresh and of the highest quality- but they are also affordable!
I usually go hog-wild when I shop in this store, and last week was no exception.
But on top of the goodies I bought for myself...
I bought some spice for MY VERY FIRST GIVEAWAY!

I've been wanting to try a giveaway for a long time, not only to share something I love, but to thank you for reading my blog! So today, on my 150th post, I am giving away these Penzeys Spices:
First, the India Tellicherry Peppercorns. I use this pepper on everything- it has an exotic, spicy flavor that works on anything!
Some Penzeys Spices come with little stories on the label.
I'm also giving away a jar of Herbes de Provence. This blend not only smells amazing, but can be used on poultry, beef, pork, or even potatoes!
Another great thing about Penzeys is that they include recipe suggestions on their labels- how handy is that?
And finally, I'm giving away a jar of Sweet Curry.
If you're new to curry, this is the perfect starter for you. Try it on chicken, or make it into a marinade for a green salad!
To enter yourself for this giveaway, simply leave a comment on this post. You can tell me which spice you'll use first if you win... or you can tell me how much you love Penzeys already... the possibilities are ENDLESS!

Just make sure you leave a comment for me by Tuesday at midnight EST, because you need these in your kitchen:
Thank you for stopping by- have a wonderful weekend!