You see, I made this cookbook in elementary school. In third grade, Mrs. Davis decided that her class was going to make a cookbook. Each student was asked to submit recipes, and the end result was a book that we lovingly called Davis' Dinners.
And to top it all off, we illustrated the covers of our cookbooks. This is my artwork. I'm sure you already know what this is, but I'll tell you anyway... it's an underwater restaurant, with two angel fish swimming up.
I know.
I don't know what possessed me to draw that. I have never owned an angel fish. But twenty years ago, I thought they were the perfect subject for the front of my cookbook.
But enough about the cover- the inside is even better... complete with illustrations of the dishes! As I flipped through the recipes, it was pretty obvious that the students had submitted their very favorite recipes. Check out Nick and Elizabeth's contributions:
I just love the instructions for Kiwi in a Cloud.
And while some of the recipes might be a little silly, some kids submitted some real winners. Like this one: Fine... I admit it... that's mine! I still love those oatmeal cookies! (Remember when I made them here?)
And finally, there's Robert's recipe. I remember it caused quite a stir when we saw it in the book. All the boys thought it sounded yummy, and the girls thought it was sad. And is this wasn't enough of a treasure, guess what else my mom sent me?
Yes... that's right... ANOTHER COOKBOOK! Although I have no idea what I was trying to portray on the cover, I'm guessing it's another underwater scene- the seaweed is sort of a giveaway!
Thanks for joining me on this trip down memory lane. I hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday! Oh, and if you happen to whip up some Kiwi in a Cloud, let me know what you think!

