Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cookie time

It occurred to me the other day that I haven't made oatmeal cookies in AGES... so I rectified that this morning! I started with these ingredients...
... then I got to work!
After all the basics, I added the best part.
Mmmm- I love dry oatmeal!
To liven things up a bit, I added come dried cranberries.
Isn't cookie dough the best?
Miraculously, I misplaced my second cookie sheet. I realize that my kitchen is tiny (like 10x10), but I have no idea where I stashed it... can you believe it?
But in 30 minutes, I'd whipped up these babies.
You know what would make these cookies look even better? If they were served on a snack set with a cup of tea!
Isn't that adorable? I'm a little obsessed with snack/tea sets... isn't it the cutest?
If you want to make some of these yummy cookies, here's the recipe:

Oatmeal Macaroons
Cream:
1 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
Then add:
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 and 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3 cups oatmeal
Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes