As we approached 25th Street and 5th Avenue, just across the street from the main gate, we walked past McGoverns... I am in love with this building!
Some of the older markers were so simple and interesting! So ornate!
What an interesting place!
This one was a little eerie...
The newer markers kind of stood out... especially since they were in such a distinct row!
Our next find was "Boss" Tweed. The gate to the family site had a really cool "T" on it.
The next one on our list was pretty easy to spot from a distance!
It was a massive structure!
I was hoping for a music reference on the outside...
But the stained glass on the inside was pretty.
Walking through the cemetery was so peaceful!
Plus, it was such a beautiful day!
The next stop on our list was Horace Greeley- he founded the NY Tribune.
Check out that view! (Look to the upper right corner of the brown building... see the green little figure? That's the Statue of Liberty!)
I liked it when families chose to include a little fence around their plot.
I just love those water towers in the background!
Another impressive mausoleum.
After a lot of searching, we found the last site on our list... Fred Ebb (of Kander and Ebb fame).
While we were by the lake, SFS tormented me by teasing the local wildlife. Clearly they're fed quite often, because SFS had nothing in his hand... but they came to visit anyway.
I was cracking up at this point...
After a fun afternoon at the cemetery, we grabbed some lunch in Greenwood Heights at a traditional Mexican restaurant... SFS' Spanish really came in handy!
They only had Mexican sodas (no Diet Coke), so I had my first Jarritos.
Oh my goodness, was our lunch yummy!
I had a vegetarian burrito, while SFS had carne asada... delish!
Thanks for stopping by to check out our trip to Green-Wood- I hope you have a great Monday!

