So there you have it- the end of our visit down to South Street Seaport. Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great weekend!
Friday, August 28, 2009
Water Taxi Beach
As you've seen, SFS and I had a really fun visit to the South Street Seaport. But I have to tell you, one of the reasons we headed down there was to visit Water Taxi Beach. All summer long I had heard about this great beach down by the Seaport, with carnival games, interesting food, and more. SFS was skeptical, but I showed him the website, and he admitted that I was right.
But things weren't exactly what they seemed. For example, check out this putt putt course. They really put the "mini" in mini-golf!
Just past the 9 holes is the food/game tent. Inside you'll find two skeeball games, a ping pong table, and a tiny little food bar.
Just past the tent is the eating/beach area.
Okay- I admit it... I was SO wrong about Water Taxi Beach. But what it lacked in size, it made up for with the amazing view!
Isn't that great?
As we were standing there, guess what drove by? A water taxi, of course!
So, yeah... Water Taxi Beach was sort of a bust.
Luckily for us, the storm held off long enough for us to walk around a bit more...
So we walked along the river and got even closer to the Brooklyn Bridge.
SFS was having a really good time! (Oh- and if you want to make his weekend, you can leave a comment about his great "vertical"...)
I know I've posted several already, but I hope you don't mind- I could take a million pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge!

So there you have it- the end of our visit down to South Street Seaport. Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great weekend!
So there you have it- the end of our visit down to South Street Seaport. Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great weekend!

