I wanted to make dinner for SFS and I tonight... but with my new job and the SUPER HOT weather we're suffering through here in NYC, I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen. So, here's what I came up with.
First, I thawed some of the pesto I've been freezing over the summer (I first mentioned it on
this post).

Then I boiled some water.

And then I threw in Angel Hair noodles (some of SFS' family members call this "fou fou" pasta, but I like them).

Meanwhile, I chopped up some lettuce and grape tomatoes.

Then it was time to butcher the chicken. I'm not very good at cooking meat, so I like to buy the rotisserie chickens at my local grocery store- plus, they're
Halal.

In less than 10 minutes, this is what I was able to come up with.

Not bad right? Here's SFS' dish (you can tell, since his chicken has SKIN on it... ewww!).

I was feeling really good about myself...

Until SFS and I turned on the television...

Darn you Top Chef! I'll admit, I was looking forward to both those episodes for a while... but the amazing creations those chefs concocted made me feel like quite the amateur!
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you're having a great week!