Friday, November 27, 2009
The bakery on my block...
Remember the other day when SFS made me dinner? I evened the playing field by providing the dessert for that delicious meal! And while there are tons of yummy bakeries in my neighborhood, there was still one I hadn't had a chance to try. And considering that it's just down the block from my apartment, that's pretty pathetic. So, I stopped by for my first visit!
Though the awning was a little worse for wear, the treats inside were just about perfect. And when I left the bakery, I carried with me this tidy bag of sweets.
First of all, how much do you love the bakery string? It makes me think of candy canes and other sorts of festive holiday things.
(Since I live in Astoria, there's a healthy Greek representation.)
And as if I didn't love the bakery by now, the lovely lady at the counter put the 'syrupy' desserts in a separate container from the other desserts. That way the syrup wouldn't contaminate the non-syrup sweets... how perfect is that? And she came up with it herself, so I didn't have to ask for it and sound high-maintenance!
But enough about the packaging- check out the sweets: sticky, sweet, and scrumptious!
As for the other box, I'm sure the anticipation is driving you crazy... so here's a sneak peek:
Yep- those are chocolate filled tea cookies. YUM!
And while they look good in the box, they look even better on my mini cake plate!
Have I mentioned I like sprinkles?
Well, I do!
I hope you're having a good Friday. If you're up and about shopping this early, I hope things are still in stock for you. For everyone else, I hope you have a wonderful day snacking on leftovers!!

