Thursday, November 12, 2009
Makin' Marinara
SFS is Italian. And with that heritage, comes an innate ability to create the yummiest pasta dishes in a mater of moments. With that being said, the other day he let me take photos as he whipped up a marinara sauce. He started with some ground beef from Whole Foods- I'm pretty sure he prefers "grass fed"!
Then, he sliced up an onion.
He was going so fast, my poor shutter couldn't keep up!
Then he tossed it into a pot with some olive oil.
Then he smashed up come garlic...
Which he proceeded to dice.
All that was thrown in the pot with the ground beef.
On the other counter, SFS had a couple cans of tomato sauce waiting.
He cracked those babies open and tossed them into the pot as well!
In the meantime, I decided to check out the fancy pasta he had picked up.
As the sauce simmered, he started throwing in all sorts of fresh herbs and dried spices. I couldn't keep up, so just trust me that they're in there!
As is the case with many chefs, SFS doesn't use a recipe- he just adds dashes of this and that until it "tastes right".
As he tweaked the sauce, the noodles boiled and cooked.
Don't they look yummy?
Eventually, dinner was finished.
And it was scrumptious!
I hope you're having a great Thursday- thanks for stopping by!

