And while the garden was beautiful, the rest of the park was pretty wonderful, too! The weather was cool...
The leaves were golden...
And the sun was sparkling!
After stopping for an iced tea, I was one happy camper- even if I did look like a major dork in SFS' hat!
But then I took this picture of him, and didn't feel like such a dork anymore!
Just kidding, SFS!
We had such a wonderful afternoon wandering around the park! Now, when the weather turns blustery and miserable, I can look back on these pictures and know that we took advantage of the beautiful day!
I hope you're enjoying your Tuesday. Don't forget to sign up for my first giveaway- I'll be drawing the winner tonight at midnight, so visit tomorrow to see if you've won!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Fall-ing for flowers!
While SFS and I were wandering through Central Park this weekend, look what we found:
Can you believe all those gorgeous flowers were blooming in November?
I believe they're Korean chrysanthemums...
And they're spectacular!
The blossoms ranged in color from pinks...
To oranges...
And every hue in between!
And in the middle of all the flower beds was this lovely fountain.
Its called Three Dancing Maidens, and was created in 1910 by Walter Schott. It makes me think of a different time- like Edna St. Vincent Millay and her friends frolicking in a meadow... what does it make you think of?

