Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Chowder takes the chill off!
As the temperature drops, I tend to crave warm foods... especially soup! So the other day, I whipped up a pot of Corn Chowder! This recipe is really simple- here are the ingredients:
Yep, this is a pre-packaged soup. Have you ever tried something from Frontier Soups?
Their mixes are really hearty: look at all the yummy things that are in the Corn Chowder!
To make the soup, I started by peeling and chopping some potatoes. The mix called for 2-3 spuds, but I doubled it. It just makes the soup that much better!
Then I set the chicken broth on the stove.
After it boiled, I added the potatoes and the soup mix (following the directions on the package, of course). Since the corn is dehydrated, at first it floats to the top of the pot.
After simmering for 45 minutes, I added some cream to the soup (again, per the instructions).
After those simple steps, I was left with a pot full of scrumptious chowder! Doesn't this look like the perfect answer to a cold day?
I hope you're staying warm, wherever you are. Thank you for visiting my blog- have a wonderful day!

