Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Giant metal things
Do you know what this is?
At certain times of the year, they line the streets of NYC.
Have you guessed yet?
What if I told you they were lined up along Columbus Circle...
Does that help?
They're bleaches!
They're being lined up for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on Thursday.
The parade route changed this year- instead of rolling down Broadway, the majority of the parade will run along 7th Avenue, which means the floats will run along the south end of Central Park, which is where I snapped these bleachers.
When I was taking those pictures, I saw these seat stickers... I doubt they're for the parade, but maybe they are! Wouldn't that be funny if all those spectators had pre-assigned seats?
As you can see, the city is in full swing preparing for Thanksgiving!
I hope your holiday preparations are going well- happy Tuesday!

