Monday, March 1, 2010

Snow Day, version 2.0

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when I was going on and on about the Snow Day we had here in NYC? Well, wouldn't you know it... but we had ANOTHER ONE on Friday!
And while they cancelled classes at my school, I still had to go into work... thanks a lot, public transportation! (Since I live in the 5 burroughs, I was still expected to be at work, since the subways were running.) But it continued to snow almost all day, and things were still pretty messy when I left the office later that evening. So I decided to take some photos of my normal route home...
There were loads of people in Central Park- check out all these people sledding:
Here's a shot I've taken before, but you can barely see the park benches beneath all that snow!
The snow on Friday was pretty wet, and it stuck to everything... including the trees.
Now, on my walk home, there's a particular place I like to stop and take pictures from. It's a little outlook over the park, and it offers a neat view- see?
Plus, it also has these gorgeous street lights:
Unfortunately, this is what I had to slosh through to get there!
Yep- where are the snow shoes when I need them? Here's what my pants and boots looked like after that little foray into the drift.
What a mess, right? But there were so many people out and about, enjoying the storm, I was hardly the only one covered in snow!
But before I jumped on the subway, I had to snap a photo of the monument at Columbus Circle... I've shared pictures of it on my blog before, but doesn't it look different covered in snow?
As I'm sure you can imagine, we had a blast enjoying the weather this weekend- and I have lots of pictures to show for it! I'll post them over the next couple of days... I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well- thank you for stopping by!