Tuesday, March 9, 2010
A girl could get used to this!
I had a blast in Washington, DC when I was on a business trip last week... but do you know what was the best part? I'll give you a hint... it had something to do with the accommodations:
Can you believe it? A whole king-sized bed all to myself...
A flat screen TV with HBO...
A lovely view of the EPA (isn't that cool Dad?)...
A fancy bathroom...
With the most wonderful shower I've ever seen!
I can't tell you how happy I was!! And to top it all off- our scholarship covered the cost of the room!
And over the course of two days, I spent 16 hours in this room, totally engaged by the most interesting speaker/presenter I've ever seen!
It was amazing... and these are the only two pictures I took throughout the whole conference! I guess it proves just how interested I was- I didn't even think to take pictures!
But when we weren't in session, we had fun hanging out in DC! For instance, we at dinner at Filomena.
It was absolutely packed in the middle of the week, which is always a good sign!
Apparently it's a pretty well-known place... the menu lists a bunch of notable patrons!
Our meals were incredible- mostly because of the pasta, which is handmade on the premise!
Oh, and at the end of the meal, the waiter brings a decanter of Ameretto and Sambuca to the table, along with a cordial for each diner.... absolutely free of charge! Not a bad way to wash down our cookies and cream cheesecake!
And while that meal was AMAZING, not all our dining experiences were so wonderful! For example, we stopped for a quick bite at La Madeline. It's a chain restaurant that I used to visit all the time when I lived in Dallas!
We ordered french onion soup- it was the perfect remedy on a cold, rainy day!
Unfortunately, shortly after we finished our soup, the most unbelievable thing happened. I noticed something move out of the corner of my eye. When I first looked at it, I thought it was a small dog or cat walking along the base of the counter. But after a second, I realized it was a rat, about 14 inches long! Apparently the look on my face was pretty horrid (obviously), so my co-workers looked to where I was looking. As you can imagine, they were all pretty disgusted to see the rat crawl over the feet of two restaurant patrons! Even as a New Yorker, I have never seen such a HUGE rat! We immediately got up and left... and would you believe that not a single other diner followed us? None of them even SAW the creature! Needless to say, we were pretty grossed out!
Well, how's THAT for story? Thanks for visiting (no matter how gross today's post is)! I hope you have a great Tuesday!!

