Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!!

After my business trip in Washington, DC ended last weekend, I boarded a plane... but instead of going right back to NYC, I headed out on a little vacation! Yep- I went to Sin City for a whirlwind holiday! I met up with SFS and his college buddies for the West Coast Conference basketball tournament, and spent less than 56 hours in Las Vegas.

Believe it or not, it was the first time I'd ever visited that crazy city! So after SFS met me at the airport, I played the TOTAL TOURIST by immediately sitting down at the nearest slot machine... Inserting my dollar bill...
Pulling the lever...
And promptly losing a buck!

Go figure, right? Some of SFS' family lives in the area, so his uncle and grandparents picked us up at the airport and took us out for a yummy lunch. And to top it all off, they treated us to custard at Luv-It!
This local hot-spot has been serving up dessert for 37 years!
There's usually a long line for these delectable treats, so we arrived before the place even opened and got a prime spot at the front of the queue! While we waited, we enjoyed chatting and catching up!
When it was our turn to order, I chose the chocolate custard with chocolate jimmies:
And SFS picked the local favorite: The Western Special. It consisted of vanilla custard, covered with hot fudge, caramel, and toasted pecans.
If you'd like to visit Luv-It, you can find it at 505 E. Oakey Blvd, between Sahara Ave. and Charleston Blvd.
Thank you for stopping by- I have (literally) hundreds of photos documenting our adventures and shenanigans over the weekend, so I'll try to share those in the next few days! I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!!