Friday, March 12, 2010
Casinos galore!
Since last weekend was my first time in Las Vegas, I was keen on seeing the interiors of as many casinos as possible! Lucky for me, SFS and his buddies were completely fine with visiting a myriad of establishments along the strip.
One of the first casinos we visited was The Paris.
I visited Paris back in 2007, so I was pretty stoked to see the Las Vegas version- complete with the Arc de Triomphe...
And Tour d'Eiffel!
Things inside were just as accurate- the walls were lined in building facades, imitating the look of Parisian streets! And with that beautiful blue sky, it was easy to imagine that I was strolling along any ol' 'rue' in Paris!
And don't even get me started on the lobby... those chandeliers- mon Dieu!
After we'd had our fill of the French, we headed across the street to the Bellagio.
Once there, I realized there was a pretty wicked view of Paris...
Don't you agree?
And since we happened to find a nice spot along the water, we decided to hang out for a minute and wait...
For this!
The Bellagio's fountain includes the most incredible water show! If you haven't seen it in person, I bet you've at least seen it on Ocean's Eleven.
The show was absolutely amazing... and I might have taken a million pictures of the different water formations!
When the show was over, we headed inside. I was instantly distracted by the Chihuly ceiling in the lobby- talk about breathtaking!
And a little further inside, we had the opportunity to check out the Bellagio's garden. When we were there, they had it decorated for the Chinese New Year.
Can you tell it's the Year of the Tiger?
(And don't worry- in addition to being made out of plant product, that tiger was fully animated... it would have been perfect on a Rose Bowl Parade float!)
The garden was absolutely amazing...
They had even sculpted topiaries to look like panda bears- can you say cute?
After the Bellagio we headed back to our hotel- the Monte Carlo!
The outside was nice, and included dozens of these sculptures:
And inside, the place was quite pretty...
Although my eyesight might have been a bit blurry from the penny slots I was playing!
We had such a whirlwind trip to Las Vegas- I can't get over the fact that we returned a couple days ago! Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

