Monday, March 8, 2010

A "Capital" idea!

Last week I mentioned that I was out of town on a work trip, but I didn't tell you where I was headed! But after several hours on the Amtrak and a bit more time on the Metro.... We emerged in Washington, DC!
I know- how fun is that? My department was awarded a scholarship to attend a conference in our nation's capital for a few days. And if that wasn't cool enough, we decided to arrive a day early to spend a few hours enjoying the sites.
And since I haven't been to the city for quite some time, I decided to play "tourist"!
(You've got to admit- that's pretty good!)
And in true form, I took OODLES of pictures in the few hours we spent out and about!
For example, this was the first time I'd ever seen the WWII memorial.
It hadn't even been built the last time I was in town, so I was especially pleased to see it!
There were so many beautiful elements of it...
Right?
And after a walking a bit further...
We were on the opposite end of the reflecting pool!
So of course I took a few billion more pictures!
And then we decided to check out Lincoln's memorial.
It's just so stately...
And serene!
My coworkers and I had a blast checking things out...
And appreciating our wonderful country!
And as dusk fell...
We made our way to Georgetown...
But not without a last look at the monument!
I have a few more pictures, but I'll save those for tomorrow! I hope you had a wonderful weekend- thanks so much for stopping by!