After our little excursion to the Doughnut Plant this weekend, SFS, his roommate and I strolled around Chinatown for a bit.
We were on the East side of the neighborhood, which offers a pretty neat view of the Manhattan Bridge.
It was a beautiful day, so we took advantage of the weather by walking around as much as possible.
And with a sky that blue, how could I NOT take a million pictures?
As we explored, we decided to check out one of our favorite shops- it's a grocery store located under the bridge. So, we bought some yummy treats...
And walked a few more blocks to the water, where we sat down and enjoyed our international junk food.
Here's what we got. SFS really likes these Jelly Cups- he used to eat them with his best friend growing up.
They come in a variety of flavors- this bag was full of fruity concoctions.
The containers are pretty little- enough for a single bite.
I asked SFS for a little demonstration- all you do is pull off the lid...
And suck the jelly out of the cup... totally appealing, right?
I think my treat tastes a little better... I first tried these yummy peanut crunchies on a trip to Hawaii a couple years back.
They're crispy and salty- and those little pieces of seaweed on the outside make me feel really cool!
SFS also got some Pocky sticks...
I mean, how can you turn down a cookie-stick coated in chocolate?
And finally, his roommate picked out Shrimp Crackers!
I was a little too much of a shrimp (ba-dum-dum) to try these, but the boys insist that they're wonderful!
Well that's if for today. Thanks for checking out these downtown treats- I hope you have a great Tuesday!

