The real reason we went to Sin City was to watch the WCC basketball tournament, featuring the Gonzaga Bulldogs!
Monday, March 15, 2010
Go Gonzaga... G-O-N-Z-A-G-A!
I hope you're not too sick of Las Vegas pictures, because I have a few more left to share!
The real reason we went to Sin City was to watch the WCC basketball tournament, featuring the Gonzaga Bulldogs!
SFS and his buddies all graduated from GU- and they all happened to live on the same floor of their dorm freshman year... isn't that amazing? While we were in town, we got to watch the Zags play two games, which was really fun- I'm even starting to learn some of the players' names! Take that Matt Bouldin and Will Foster!
And while the basketball team is extremely talented, I've got to admit- the Bulldog mascot has some crazy moves... check out this stunt!
There were so many Gonzaga fans filling the stadium over the weekend that the arena was crazy!
Unfortunately, GU lost the last game of the tournament... so to console ourselves, we headed to the second floor of the casino for a little bowling.
Really! It was a blast- and I'm a much better bowler than I remember, which was a total perk!
But the basketball games didn't take up all our time in Las Vegas... so we had plenty of time to explore other things: like the brunch buffet at the MGM Grand.
Man, was that a spread! We had so much fun filling our plates with a little bit of everything...
From seafood, to ham, to roast beef, to hummus... it was the perfect meal!
Complete with unlimited champagne for $2.50! Talk about a deal- as Joey says on Friends, "here's where I make my money back!"
We also had fun checking out a few more hotels on the strip. I was pretty excited to see the Venetian.
Not only was the interior beautiful...
But there were canals on the second floor, complete with gondolas!
I mean, who does that? A whole series of water features on the floor ABOVE the main casino floor... Vegas is amazing!
Later on that night, we crossed the street...
And visited the Mirage.
It was a really beautiful casino...
And the interior reminded me of a jungle!
We proceeded to hang out in one of lounges, just outside the Beatles' theater...
And while we hung out with his buddies, SFS smoked a cigar. I took a million pictures trying to capture his smoke rings... he can really do them!!
I still can't get over the fact that I just got back from Vegas a week ago- it was such a fun, whirlwind of a trip! Thanks for visiting this blog and checking out my pictures- I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
The real reason we went to Sin City was to watch the WCC basketball tournament, featuring the Gonzaga Bulldogs!

