So now that you have my Grandpa's secret recipe for Fuzzy Navels, you can make this for the kiddos (and grown-ups) in your life! I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday- thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
My Grandpa's Fuzzy Navels
Does this little guy look at all familiar?
If not, let me give you a little hint: he graces the side of my favorite soda... VERNORS!
I know I've talked about this before, but I just love Vernors. Unfortunately, I can't buy it in NYC, which is the biggest bummer. So when my folks came to visit this winter, they brought me a HUGE stock of Vernors which should last me quite a while.
And now that I have Vernors back in my life, I can drink more Fuzzy Navels. I told this story a while ago, but here's a recap: when my cousins and I were kids, my Grandpa made us Fuzzy Navels as a special treat when we would visit him at the lake. Here are the ingredients he used:
He would start by filling a glass halfway with Vernors.
Then he would fill the rest of the glass with orange juice.
When we got older, he also added a dash of lemon juice to the mix.
And after a handful of ice cubes and a gentle stir...
Our fuzzy navels would be complete.
Like I said, we kids went crazy for this drink! So when I turned 21, the Fuzzy Navel was one of the first drinks I ordered at a bar. Imagine my surprise (and subsequent disappointment) when the drink that was served to me tasted NOTHING like the treat my Grandpa used to make! I thought I was alone in this experience, but my cousins and I were talking a few years ago and realized we had all done the same thing- how funny is that?
So now that you have my Grandpa's secret recipe for Fuzzy Navels, you can make this for the kiddos (and grown-ups) in your life! I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday- thanks for stopping by!
So now that you have my Grandpa's secret recipe for Fuzzy Navels, you can make this for the kiddos (and grown-ups) in your life! I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday- thanks for stopping by!

