Thursday, March 18, 2010
Pull me a pint, please!
For dinner on St. Patrick's Day, SFS met me at my office.
We took a shortcut through Lincoln Center...
Past The Met...
And on to our destination: P.J. Clarke's!!
SFS had made reservations for our meal at this lovely pub... check out the view from our table!
It didn't take us long to figure out what we wanted to eat!
While we waited for our food to arrive, we sipped some Irish beverages. SFS went with whiskey, which the restaurant had tinted a slight green...
And I went with the good ol' standard: Guinness!
To start our evening, SFS ordered some Gooseneck clams. I was a terrific sport by trying one: and I even chewed it this time. Apparently they were really delicious- I was a little too concerned with swallowing it to actually taste it... but I did it!
Our meals arrived shortly after that. I went with an "Irish" burger and fries. (Okay- it wasn't Irish, but I was trying to stick with the theme of the holiday!)
And SFS ordered corned beef, boiled potatoes and cabbage... and it even came with a slice of Soda Bread!
We really enjoyed our time at this yummy restaurant...
If you'd like to check it out, you can find it on the corner of 64th and 9th Avenue (and the original location is on 53rd and 3rd Avenue).
It certainly got our seal of approval!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday- thank you for stopping by!

