Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An afternoon at Agnanti

When SFS and I headed to Astoria Park this weekend to enjoy the beautiful weather, we grabbed some lunch at Agnanti. This lovely little Greek restaurant is a local favorite, so SFS and I were happy to check it out!
Our meal began with some yummy sesame bread.
Then we ordered a Greek salad, which was perfect- that feta cheese was delish!
Then we tried something off the "Tastes of Constantinople" portion of the menu: Sigar Bourek.
They're quite interesting- fried dough rolls stuffed with a variety of crumbly cheese.
For an entree, we shared some chicken souvlaki- one of my favorites! Plus, the tzatziki was heavenly!
And to top it all off, we also had some lemon potatoes! I know I've said this before, but these things are the best!
After we were done with our meal, the waitress brought out the cake. As is the case with the Greek restaurants in my neighborhood, there's always a complimentary dessert after the meal... isn't that a great tradition?
If you'd like to visit Agnanti, you can find it on the corner of 19th Street and Ditmars Blvd. in Astoria.

Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday!