Monday, January 18, 2010

Walking up the west side

On Saturday, the weather was gorgeous here in NYC.
So SFS and I took advantage of the unseasonal temperature (47 degrees!!!), and walked along Central Park for a couple miles. We started around Columbus Circle and just headed north.
NOTE: I hope you aren't sick of seeing shots of Columbus Circle- I've noticed that over the past few months I've posted a lot of shots around this area.
As we walked along the park, we stopped a few times while I took pictures.
People were obviously taking advantage of the lovely afternoon!
I tried to get a shot of SFS- but I think he was having more fun teasing me with silly poses!
And while this is as close to the NYC sewers I'll ever want to be, I rather like the man hole covers!
Here are my boots... and my attempt at being 'artistic'.
This is a shot looking north along Central Park West... it seems like it goes on forever!
And here are some benches... another thing I love to take pictures of!
When we got to 63rd street, I noticed something funny...
Look at all those sad balloon swords in the trash can!
(Though I rather like how you can see a reflection of the neighborhood on that red balloon!)
We had a lovely walk, and thoroughly enjoyed the unexpectedly beautiful afternoon!
Thank you for stopping by- I hope you had a wonderful weekend!