Monday, January 4, 2010
Having a ball while waiting for the ball to drop!
As 2009 drew to a close, SFS and I spent the last few hours of the year having a blast. After lingering over some delectable tapas at Sol y Sambra, we grabbed a little dessert. Have you ever been here?
Cafe Lalo is a really great spot... and I'm told it was featured in You've Got Mail (but since I've never seen the movie, I can't give you much more than that). They decided to go all out for the holiday, and I loved it... check out all those gold balloons!
The restaurant is full of great touches- like these cute napkins!
And the food is pretty wonderful- check out my chocolate satin cake:
SFS decided on a slice of chocolate torte with his coffee.
He really liked it...
See?
I really enjoyed it, too!
And as if that wasn't awesome enough, SFS picked up a special bottle of champagne for our first toast of the New Year!
And because I'm a big dork, I took a million pictures of the bottle.
See?
I really wasn't kidding!
Eventually SFS took control of the situation, and popped the cork!
Talk about YUM!!!
And since we STILL had more time before the ball dropped, we started playing the the camera. I practiced toasting...
While SFS' shots were WAY more artistic!
And before we new it, the ball began it's decent!
Happy 2010!
I hope you had a wonderful New Year- thank you for stopping by!

