Tuesday, January 19, 2010
The Sensuous Bean
Did the title of this post intrigue you?
When we were walking through the Upper West Side this weekend, SFS showed me a nifty little shop he came across a while ago.
The Sensuous Bean sells all sorts of gourmet coffees and teas- and I was in hog heaven!
And to top it all off, SFS treated me to a few bags of loose tea!
I decided to try New York Cider- it's an apple flavored tea, with all sorts of yummy bits of fruit and herbs.
And SFS picked out Blood Orange tea.
I can't begin to describe how yummy it smells!
SFS was inspired to make some iced tea with this delectable tea, so after steeping it for a while, he put it into the fridge to chill. In the meantime, I suggested we slice up a tangerine...
And put it in the freezer.
After a few hours the tea was cool enough to drink.
So we poured a few glasses over ice and pieces of the frozen tangerines.
Talk about a refreshing drink on a cool winter day!
If you'd like to visit The Sensuous Bean, you can find it just off the corner of Columbus Ave. and 70th Street. I hope you're having a great Tuesday- thanks for stopping by!

