Wednesday, January 13, 2010
More from the Met
So this weekend, SFS and I visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Yesterday I shared photos of some of the paintings we enjoyed. We also checked out a cool new exhibit called "Art of the Samuri", as well as a few other wings that I wasn't allowed to photograph (bummer, I know). But lucky for me, photographing statues is perfectly acceptable. So, how about some Rodin?
That one was called "Eternal Springtime", but I'm not sure about this one.
I'll admit it- I'm a total sucker for sculpted marble! It just looks so smooth and cold... don't you just want to lick it?
Later in the afternoon, we arrived in a corridor I hadn't visited before. That's how big the museum is- I've been there dozens of times and just this weekend found a portion I hadn't seen before!
And lucky for me- there was even more sculpted marble! (Don't worry- I didn't lick any of it!)
How crazy is this one?
This is a sculpture of Sapho. I like the music references- plus the guy in the background looks like he's slouching like the statue.
How about another Rodin? This time it's bronze.
It's a pretty cool hallway, if I do say so myself!
We were having such a good time!
But after we'd had our fill of marble...
We made our way to my favorite part of the museum...
The Temple of Dendur!
I love the Egyptian art...
Plus this is one of the coolest parts of the museum. The room has a HUGE glass wall that looks out over Central Park. Tons of movies have been shot here, including one of my favorites...
I'll give you a hint: Pecan pie... pecan ppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
Did you guess it? When Harry Met Sally!
It was such a fun afternoon!
If you ever have a few hours to kill in NYC, I highly recommend visiting this amazing museum! I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday- thank you for visiting my blog!

