Monday, January 11, 2010

Knox Blox

How about another recipe from the apron? (Check out this post to see what I'm talking about...)
Last night I decided to make some Knox Blox, courtesy of my Grandma V.
The ingredients are pretty simple:
Start by putting your water in the microwave to boil.
Then, empty the boxes of jello and packets of Knox gelatin into a large bowl.
Mix the the two powders together...
And by now, your water should be boiling, so pour it over the powder mixture.
Once all the powder has dissolved...
Pour the liquid into a 9x13 pan.
And now, your refrigerator does all the work. Just put the pan into the Frigidaire, and wait a while.
Eventually the liquid sets, and you can start cutting up your Knox Blox.
Doesn't that look yummy?
If you haven't had Knox Blox before, you're probably wondering what makes them different from regular jello or Jigglers.
Well, Knox Blox are a lot firmer and chewier. I mean, can Jello Jigglers do this?
I'm telling you- these are a really fun finger food!
And, they're pretty! (I was playing around with the lighting in this one...)
So if you have a free 5 minutes, I highly recommend whipping up a batch of these Knox Blox!
And thank you for the recipe Grandma!

Knox Blox
4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (Knox)
3 packages flavored jello
4 cups boiling water
In large bowl, mix gelatin and jello. Add boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Pour into 9x13 baking dish and chill until firm. Cut into one inch squares.
I hope you had a wonderful weekend- thank you for stopping by!