Thursday, January 21, 2010
Takin' in Times Square
I had to run a few errands after work last night.
One of the errands took me to 45th Street...
And in order to get home...
I had to cut through a very famous landmark.
Times Square!
I only had to go two blocks...
But there sure was a lot of stuff to take pictures of!
If you haven't been to NYC in a while, then this might come as a surprise: the city has closed off portions of the street and converted them to pedestrian areas, complete with cafe tables and chairs.
And while the pedestrian areas are new, the billboards and lights have been there for years...
Even if the items they're advertising change with startling frequency!
Last year the TKTS booth was finally finished, and now all kinds of people can walk up these red stairs...
And enjoy some pretty incredible views. This is one of my favorites- doesn't it make you want to spend your whole paycheck on tickets to Broadway shows? (No? Maybe it's just me, then!)
A block to the west, you can find the Hershey and M&M stores... yum!
And though I've lived here for a few years...
I never get tired of this!
Thank you for visiting my blog- I hope you have a wonderful Thursday!!

