Monday, January 25, 2010

Shake Shack

This weekend SFS and I had lunch at Shake Shack. Have you heard of this place? It's a tiny little restaurant that offers a small menu of burgers, dogs, fries, and shakes/custard. On Saturday, we visited the original location in Madison Square Park.
The food here is reasonably priced and DELISH! I mean, why else would NYCers be eating outside in the middle of January?

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that? There is no indoor seating at this location- so it's a mad dash for a table under one of the propane heaters. And despite all that- this place is POPULAR! For example, this is what the line looked like when we arrived... and it was pretty chilly! Now imagine how long the line is on a summer day... crazy!
So while we waited, I chatted SFS' ear off and took lots of random pictures. Here's one of a water tower...
And here's a fancy looking building right next door!
As the minutes ticked by, we inched our way closer and closer to the Shack.
Oh- and check out the outside of the Shack- the foods available to order are listed along the edge of the roof.
And after MORE time passed, we found ourselves at the front of the line.
Where we placed our order for a yummy lunch!
After we placed our order, we were given this buzzer, which alerted us when our order was ready.
And guess what- we were able to snag a table RIGHT under a heater! SFS was pretty stoked!
It took a while for them to get our order, so I started taking pictures...
Not a bad view from our table, eh? It was a beautiful day!

Eventually, our lunch was ready! Here's what we got: a chocolate shake... A NY Dog (for SFS)...
And a burger for me!
Let me tell you- this stuff is pretty darn good!
Talk about a yummy burger...
And that shake was the thickest, richest one I've had in NYC! (Don't worry- I let SFS have some, too!)
But too soon, our lunch was all gone!
Guess we'll have to go back sometime SOON!
If you're ever in the mood for a yummy burger or decadent shake, make sure to check out Shake Shack. You can find the original at 23rd and Broadway, or their second outpost at 77th and Columbus (it's an indoor restaurant, but the food is just as good). Rumor has it that they're opening even more locations in NYC this year- yay! Also, if you have a second, check out their website. There's a "Shack Cam" which provides a real-time view of the Shack, so you can gauge the length of the line before you even leave your apartment... amazing!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend- thanks for stopping by!