Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hobnails

How about another recipe from the apron? (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, check out this post.) How about Uncle T's Hobnails?
So here are the ingredients... I bet you have most of them in your pantry right now!
So I added it all to the mixing bowl...
And voilĂ - dough!
I used a small dough baller , which I then flattened a bit on the greased cookie sheet.
And about 8 minutes later, I had a pan full of yummy cookies!
While I waited for them to cool, I took some pictures of my newest set of luncheon plates. SFS and I were in a second hand store over the weekend, and I snagged this set for a steal... aren't they weird/cool?
And don't the sets look perfect when they're full of cookies and tea?
And let me tell you- these cookies are delish!
Chewy... full of spice with the sweet tang of raisins...
They are absolutely divine!
Thank you Uncle T for sharing the recipe on my apron- I really appreciate it!

(Now, Uncle T... I remember your hobnails being a lot thicker- is my memory playing tricks on me? I tried halving the recipe, and I might have goofed on the math... oops! But they still tasted wonderful!)

Hobnails
4 cups light brown sugar
2 cups shortening
4 eggs, beaten
6 cups sifted flour
2 tsp. soda
2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. cinnamon
4 tsp. vanilla
2 cups raisins
Cream sugar and shortening- add eggs and vanilla, beat in dry ingredients. Form into small balls and flatten on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a great day!