Thursday, April 1, 2010
A view of the bridge...
Over the weekend, I spent some time at the South Street Seaport.
I just love this area of Manhattan for a variety of reasons... but especially because of the amazing views you get of the Brooklyn Bridge.
On the day I was there, the weather was especially lovely- look at the sun glittering on the river!
Isn't the bridge beautiful? I just love the architectural details!
The area where I stopped to take pictures seemed to be a favorite perch for a flock of seagulls- I was able to capture one in mid flight... I like how the wings are a little translucent because of the sun's back-lighting.
Meanwhile on the shore below me, a mom and her child were looking over at Brooklyn, and I thought it was a sweet moment.
But those pesky seagulls kept catching my eye. Normally I shy away from bird pictures (because my head has been a poop-target way too many times), but this time I was sheltered by the bridge, so I could really enjoy the plethora of gulls.
And while I took a lot of bird shots that day, I think this one is my favorite!
I hope you have a great Thursday- thank you for visiting my blog!!

