Friday, April 16, 2010

Take a (Michi)gan-der at that beautiful lake!

Last weekend, we spent the morning at Lake Michigan.
It was my first "beach day" of the year... but since I was in Michigan in early April, there was no swimsuit involved: rather, I wore a hoody, jeans, and tennies! I know- I'm quite the "bathing beauty"!
The beach was absolutely empty, so I had plenty of time to take pictures of just about everything.
Including my awesome-ly tall shadow!
The weather was absolutely perfect during our visit.
And the lake was full of whitecaps.
The beach was pretty clean, but there were still a few things I could take pictures of- like driftwood...
And stones. The beach was insanely windy, so there were little mounds of sand behind all the stones, since it was the only sand not blown away.
The little mounds were everywhere- I thought they were so cute!
And since the stones have been tossed around in the lake, they're so smooth!
The beach we were on also had a few small dunes...
I think dunes are so interesting. My dad snapped these shots of grass marks in the sand- isn't that cool?
I was having a blast, and could have stayed at the lake all day...
Even though it was a bit windy!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend- thanks for stopping by!!