Monday, April 12, 2010

"Hurry, it's lovely here!"

I spent the weekend at home in Michigan. It was a wonderful couple of days- I got back last night and am in the process of sorting through all the photos I took in that 48 hour period!

In the meantime, want to see some pictures of my parents' backyard? Spring has arrived in the Great Lakes State, and it seems like EVERYTHING is blooming. As I looked around, a kept hearing the lyrics of this lovely little song in my head:

"Hey buds below ... up is where to grow
Up with which below can't compare with.
Hurry - it's lovely up here ... Life down a hole takes an awful toll,
What with not a soul there to share with
Hurry - it's lovely up here!

Wake up, bestir yourself, it's time that you disinter yourself
You've got a spot to fill - a pot to fill

And what a gift package of showers, sun and love
You'll be met above everywhere with,

Fondled and sniffed by millions who drift by,
Life here is rosy - if you're a posy
Hurry it's lovely here!

Climb up geranium, it can't be fun subterran-ium
On the exterior, it's cheerier

RSVP peonies, pollinate the breeze,
Make the queen of bees hot as brandy

Come give at least a preview of Easter
Come up and see the good we're giving
Come up and see the grounds for living

Come poke your head out,
Open up and spread out,
Hurry it's lovely here!"

Thanks for stopping by! I'll have LOTS more pictures of my trip to share over the next few days. I hope you had a WONDERFUL weekend!

(PS- the song is from On A Clear Day You Can See Forever, with lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner!)