Thursday, April 8, 2010

"We're having a heat wave..."

It was 90 degrees in NYC yesterday- can you imagine? I just about melted when I went out to lunch... so when a couple of friends suggested getting margaritas after work, I readily accepted! The restaurant we visited was in a part of my neighborhood that I don't visit too often. Being the shutter-happy girl that I am, I took a minute to capture some details.
I started small- like this street sign! I liked the crackled look and the little street cleaning emblem!
This was such a cute little street- and part of the block was especially colorful!
Now, there are some parts of my neighborhood that still fascinate me. For instance, having lived in a town where everyone had a driveway, I think back alleys are really unique.
As I walked down the block, I couldn't stop admiring the various gardens...
Full of flowering trees...
And blooming shrubs!
I don't know about you, but sometimes even the most mundane objects can be really beautiful...
Like this fire hydrant! I thought it was neat because the hydrant is OLD, while the bolt on top is brand new.
Unfortunately, I had to run to meet my friends, so this is as far as I got... only half a block!
Thanks for joining me on a little stroll through my neighborhood- I hope you have a wonderful day!