Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a great Wednesday!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Dairy drive by...
On my brief visit home this weekend, we found ourselves on the West side of the state. As we were driving, we passed a sign for Country Dairy... so we had to stop!
According to their website: Country Dairy, Inc. is a family owned business that has been processing and bottling milk in West Michigan since 1983. They are a producer-handler, which means that they own and control the process — from their herd of registered Holsteins, to their modern processing plant, to the gallon of milk on the store shelf.
The dairy was just perfect- right down to the "Moo School"! The dairy tours start at this lovely little building. We didn't have time to stay for the tour, but next time I'm in the area, I'll make sure to stop by. Or maybe some elementary school class needs a chaperone- I'll look into that!
Now, I must say, this was one of the prettiest farms I've ever seen- and all the buildings shared the same color scheme! And let's not forget the most important part of the dairy: COWS! These lovely ladies reside just behind the main building.
In addition to the lovely buildings, tour, and restaurant, the dairy store sold a myriad of delectable treats...
From jerky to sausage to cheese, we stocked up on some tasty (and local) goodies.
But my favorite part of the afternoon was the Chocolate Milk. I have to tell you, this was the most delicious milk I have ever tasted. It was so creamy and rich- if I didn't know any better, I would've thought I was drinking a milk shake!
If you'd like to visit this lovely dairy for yourself, you can find it at 3476 S 80th Ave., New Era, MI 49446. I'm telling you, next time I'm in town, I'm going home with a whole gallon of the Dutch Chocolate Milk!

