Earlier this week, I got a package in the mail.

The contents were all about the Little Sable Point Lighthouse.

The lighthouse, built in 1874, is located on Lake Michigan.

When I was home a few weeks ago, my family and I drove over to the lighthouse for a quick visit.

You're probably wondering why we would decide to just go and visit a lighthouse...

And the reason is: I wanted to see where I'd be spending a week this summer!

That's right! I've been chosen to be a Volunteer Lighthouse Keeper at this beautiful structure for a week in July!

I've wanted to participate in a program like this for ages! I finally applied a few weeks ago, and am so excited to begin my week at this historic landmark. I'll spend the time giving tours and helping to maintain this magnificent structure... and when I'm not at the lighthouse, I'll be free to explore and enjoy Lake Michigan and the surrounding towns.

I don't know about you, but now I can't wait for summer to get here! I hope you have a wonderful weekend- thanks for stopping by!