Monday, April 5, 2010

Holy Week Recap...

The weather was spectacular in NYC this weekend... Which was a perfect end to Holy Week!
As a staff soloist at church, I'm called to quite a few services this time of year. We (the other singers and I) look forward to this week all year- we get to spend hours together, singing some of the best liturgical music ever written.
And as to top it all off, we get to perform in this fantastic church! While the building looks pretty sparse mid-week, this is what the sanctuary looked like on Sunday morning...
There were flowers adorning just about every inch of the high alter!
(The floral color scheme this year was so delicate- I like those soft pinks!)
Isn't it beautiful?
This year we decided to count up our various services, and we realized we performed 25 anthems and 49 hymns in the last 7 days- yikes! And while we might be a little vocally tired, we had a wonderful week! I hope you enjoyed your Easter weekend as well- thank you for stopping by!