The main reason I went home this weekend was to attend a very important concert. It was performed in this beautiful hall (Hill Auditorium) on the University of Michigan campus... And featured the University of Michigan Men's Glee Club! The concert was absolutely amazing! My mom and I recorded parts of it on our Flips cameras, and here are some of my favorite parts...
The boys entering and their first piece:
"Michigan Remember", written by the UMMGC Director:
My favorite part of the concert- introduced by my little brother:
The group bow- I just love how the stage gets so dark when they bow!
Isn't that cool? From the entrance, to the Michigan songs, to the group bow at the end, the performance was awesome! Hill Auditorium was completely sold out, and over 450 UMMGC alumni were in attendance.
Obviously, the concert was extremly entertaining. Between the performances, there were several speeches and awards, including this Lifetime Achievement Award given to Bob McGrath, of Sesame Street fame! When the concert was finished, the boys stuck around for the photo-op. And now, may I ask you... have you ever seen a cuter group of boys? I might be biased... but check out that wave- he's the best! A few shots later, he was up front along with the rest of the executive committee. I tell you- those boys are so responsible and dedicated! After the photo shoot on stage concluded, my brother came out to meet his adoring fans. He even brought along the award he was surprised with on stage earlier in the night- I was so doggone proud! So, I asked him to pose with me... he's a really good sport! And then we ALL lined up as a family for the official, post-concert portrait. We all had a fantastic time- congratulations on a wonderful concert, SBV! Thank you for stopping by- I hope you have a great Tuesday!
I'm a classical musician living in NYC... my blog is full of pictures, recipes, vacations and all sorts of commentary about my little life in The Big Apple. Thanks for stopping by!