Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Levain lovin'...

At lunch the other day, my coworker and I found ourselves on 74th Street.
It is no secret that I would love to live in one of these brownstones... (any brownstone for that matter)... but the brownstones on this street are extra special...
They're special because they share the block with Levain Bakery! (And no, I didn't jump back to the 1960's to take this picture- I just thought the extra editing looked kinda cool!)
If you've never been to this bakery, I recommend that you hightail it to 74th and Broadway STAT! The goodies that are baked in this basement abode floor me!
Here's what it looks like inside: a relatively small room, stuffed with everything you need to make the most delicious (and biggest) chocolate chip cookies in NYC!
Everything is made on the premises, so I didn't mind waiting a few extra minutes while my cookies came out of the oven. Here's the view up to the street...
And while these cookies are a bit pricey ($4 a piece), they're also a decadent treat... and especially good when shared with a coworker! (For the record, all the cookies are good- but my personal favorite is the Dark chocolate, chocolate chip!)
I hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday- thanks for stopping by!