Monday, August 30, 2010

Met(ropolitan Opera) under the moon...

I love working at Lincoln Center because there's always something new going on. For example, as I made my way to work the other morning, I passed by several hundred chairs lined up in the plaza.
Those chairs will actually remain where they are until Labor Day, thanks to the 2010 Summer HD Festival. Every night (for 10 nights) the Met will be projecting their HD operas on the big screen. This event is a big hit- especially since it's free! Don't believe me? Check out the crowd that had gathered by 7 pm...
The movies are started at 8 pm, so when I strolled out of the office last night around 8:30 I had a chance to glimpse a bit of Magic Flute...
Isn't this a fun idea? I love all the fun (and sometimes frugal) things to do in NYC! Thanks for stopping by- I hope you had an awesome weekend!